Saturday, August 3, 2013

Life With Two

Here's my brother!
Last weekend our little family was lucky enough to attend my sister Haley's wedding at the Kicking Horse Resort in Golden.  We felt so grateful to be there and I know that the Lord had a hand in the timing of our little Simon's arrival so we could enjoy time with family and support Haley and Des.  It was a beautiful venue and we were so happy to see family and get to introduce Simon to everyone.  So congratulations to the happy new couple!  I am so happy to welcome Des to our family! Unfortunately we only have a couple of pictures from that weekend because Bruce, who is usually in charge of that for us because I can't take a decent picture to save my life, was running after Eli for most of the weekend.  Cory was nice enough to take this one for us though.

Eli would only smile at the ground

Let me in!
I have to include a picture of a very curious raccoon that came to our window last week.  My sister-in-law, Selina, was sitting on our living room couch when Bruce noticed a pair of eyes hovering over shoulder.  After a couple moments of panic I reached over and shut the window so that the raccoon wouldn't climb inside because he seemed very inclined to do so.  The window is insanely dirty but we got a couple good ones of our visitor.  After a few minutes he had 2 more join him in snooping around our windowsill.  Needless to say I have been nervous every time I've opened one of our windows ever since.

Life with two little boys has proven to be pretty hectic.  I have no idea how my Mom accomplished it with 4 kids!  Most days the only thing that gets done is keeping them both alive... Eli barely makes it by some days.  The other day when he coloured all over himself and the walls with permanent marker was a dodgy one.  Luckily for him I was so hormonal that I just started crying instead of shouting.  Then he asked me if I was sick so I started laughing.  That story makes it seem like I'm not enjoying myself but I really am.  There is nothing quite like having a new baby in your home.  I think that I probably give Simon hundreds of kisses in one day and Eli is turning out to be a very affectionate older brother too. Every new face and sound that he makes just fills me with happiness and love. All things considered Eli is doing really well too.  He is still my goofy little boy who just wants to be a super hero and lately a My Little Pony as well.  Hopefully soon I'll feel confident enough to venture out into the world so Eli can get rid off some of his excess energy.  And here are a couple of pictures of my beautiful new baby Simon.






No comments:

Post a Comment