Thursday, August 15, 2013

One Month

Well I can't believe it but it has been a full month since we had Simon.  How is that even possible? I thought that time went quickly with one child and now it seems to be passing even faster.  These past few days have been pretty eventful.  Bruce's family was nice enough to take Eli to their place for a couple of days so that I could catch up on my sleep and have a little rest.  We sent a text to Bruce's mom the day after he arrived there to see how things were going and I guess that about 10 minutes after walking in the door he fell, hit his face and got a black eye.  He is a tough kid though and when he got home he couldn't wait to show me his battle scars.  It was so nice to be able to bond with Simon for a little bit and hold him while he was sleeping.  I don't get to do that nearly as much as I would like to because there always seems to be something else to do.  I did however, miss my little Eli very much but I don't think he missed me at all because he was having too much fun.  I actually think that he probably missed Simon more because he wouldn't let him out of his sight for the first few hours after he got home.  Simon is doing great and getting big!  I think his cheeks will start to rival his big brothers pretty soon... at least I hope so.  Other than that we are moving on with the day to day and enjoying what we have left of the summer time!

Eli and Liam at Liam's birthday party

Putting on a couple of "cutie marks"

Bruce's mom sent this the day after he fell
Eli showing me his shiner
Simon is so happy...
Eli holding Simon's hand while playing cars

Simon and Daddy

My little one month old

No comments:

Post a Comment