Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Blackberries and my Big Boy

So far this week has been a pretty big one for Eli and I.  POTTY TRAINING! I'll admit that I was pretty nervous but based on the experience that my friend recently had and pretty much everything I have ever heard about potty training I don't think anyone will blame me.  I hadn't really planned on doing it this week because we have another wedding coming up at the end of the month and I didn't want to have to worry about pulling over at the side of the road every time Eli needed to go to the bathroom.  However, I think Eli has been ready for a while and he is doing a great job! Lately he has been telling me to change his diaper pretty much every time he pees when usually he would run away whenever I tried to change him. That was my first clue that he was basically done with diapers.  So one morning I put him in underwear just to see if we could do it... nursing a baby and trying to get a toddler on the toilet at the same time is not easy!  Needless to say we had a couple of accidents that morning.  When we went for a walk in the afternoon I put a diaper back on him because I thought there was no way I could get him potty trained without Bruce being home.  While we were walking Eli told me he had to pee so I put him in underwear again when we got home and he hasn't had an accident since.  I guess I was the one that wasn't ready to potty train and so he figured he would just do it himself.  I just can't believe how grown up he is now.  He isn't really a toddler anymore, he's a little boy.  I'll probably have a meltdown when he turns 3.
I try to get out for a walk with the boys at least once a day so that we can enjoy the remaining sunshine and so Eli can explore and get rid of some of his energy.  Along the path that we got down I have noticed tons of wild blackberry bushes and an apple tree so a couple days ago Bruce came with us and we picked some.  Once we started picking I could really see how many blackberries were growing.  We probably could have been out there for hours and not even make a dent.  It just made me so happy to live somewhere where I don't even have to have a green thumb to be able to enjoy fresh fruit.  Eli had a great time and we are still enjoying our blackberries everyday.


Our loot

He's really excited I guess

My guy


No comments:

Post a Comment