Monday, February 3, 2014

Long Winded

And suddenly it's February. I can hardly believe it. From here on out the months are only going to get busier.  I feel like all I am doing right now is looking 3-6 months in the future and it is making it very difficult to enjoy what is going on right now. Our landlords recently let us know that they are going to try to sell the house this summer so we are starting to look in Langley for a new home.  So far we haven't found anything spectacular but these things always tend to be a little stale in the winter so I'm hoping it'll pick up in the next couple of weeks. I am definitely looking forward to the move. I cannot wait to get closer to Bruce's work. The commute is getting very old and I will be able to have the car during the day! I won't even know what to do with myself! It will also be fantastic to have a little more square footage and possibly ceilings that are higher than 6 feet. The biggest downside will be leaving the friends that we have made. We have been so close to the Gasser family, and the boys and I see them at least once a week. It will be hard not to see them as often but I console myself with the fact that it isn't too, too far and we can still plan play dates it will just be less frequently.
All the boys
Best buddies
Oh, an additional requirement to the new place would be screens or child locks on the windows. All of the windows in our place right now are low enough that Eli can crawl right out of them and they don't have screens or any sort of lock. The other day I put him in a time out and it got very quiet in his room. I went inside and noticed the window was open (apparently he can now open by himself) and immediately grabbed Simon and started running around the block screaming his name. I eventually found him in someone's yard because I could hear him laughing! He was laughing! I love my son very much but there are times when I don't really like the little bugger. I got him out of the yard but ended up having to go back about half an hour later because he remembered that he had left some cars in the yard. Aaah. Super embarrassing. I suppose now I should add in a nice story so I don't sound like a hateful mother. Today we went to the park and Eli noticed that I was wearing my leather gloves. When he asked if he could wear them I thought it was just because he thought they looked cool but he immediately started singing "Let It Go" from that new Disney movie Frozen. Then he started tossing the gloves in the air like she does in the song. He is a character.

I could just eat those wrists
Sunshine!
Bruce is starting to get much busier at work now that the days are starting to get a bit sunnier which is nice. He also has Valentine's Day coming up and that is one of the busiest days of the year so he is getting very excited for the slow season to end. Now that we know that we are moving, I have also been trying to find a pre-school for Eli. What? In February? Yes! Apparently most places start registration in January and tons are already full.  Nuts! I'm not worried about Eli enjoying himself in pre-school because he loves his little weekly class so much! Whenever we wake up in the morning and I ask him what he wants to do that day he almost always says "school". I'm really just hoping to find one that gives them a little bit of outdoor or gym playtime because he really needs to be active.

I love that you can tell
that he is still smiling
Hooray for school




Our little Simon continues to get bigger and bigger. He is almost sitting up by himself... he can last about 30 to a minute and then finds something else that interests him and plops back down on his belly. He is also scooting around the house like a pro. Gone are the days when I could put him in one spot and be sure he would be there when I got back. Now I'm lucky if he is in the same room. Truly, he is the happiest little baby in the world and I just adore him more and more everyday. What a blessing my sons are! I gripe a ton but they are my life.
He had to have me take a picture of the
carrot-hats he made for his cars

Give me that apple!
Sorry this is such a long post! If you survived until the end... Congratulations! You get a picture of my family.
 My beautiful family (and Eli's turtle face)

1 comment:

  1. You really do have such a beautiful family!! I can't believe Eli crawled out the window!! What a stinker.

    ReplyDelete