Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A New Year

I feel like it has been a very busy month but in reality I have mostly been stuck in the house because of all the rain.  Although, that could be the reason I feel so busy.  Instead of going outside to play with Eli I mostly follow him around the house cleaning up after him and making sure he doesn't break anything, including his bones.  He tends to go a little crazy when we've been cooped up inside... ok a lot crazy.  For people that know Eli you know that crazy doesn't just mean tossing his cars around the house and narrowly missing my head, it also means crawling onto the back of the couch and jumping on me while I'm nursing Simon, or jumping on my bed during Simon's nap and shaking Simon until he wakes up because he is bored.  Needless to say our relationship has been a little strained as of late.  Thank goodness for one of our "firsts" of the new year... Planes, Trains and Automobiles!  It's this little class at our community centre that is for 3 year olds.  They get to play with all sorts of awesome toys and paint and Eli is loving it!  He has only had one class so far and because I'm a terrible mother I didn't get a picture of him.  He has the class again tomorrow so I'll try again but he was just too excited to get out the door the first time.  It's great because Eli gets some time with other kids and I get some time alone (Simon's nap time is right when I drop Eli off).  I was worried that he would be shy and wouldn't let me leave him but as soon as he saw the toys he didn't even look back.  My little guy is getting pretty big.

Goof
Another first of the year was Simon started eating solid foods! He loved it.  Once I got the first spoonful in his mouth he started immediately grabbing at the spoon for more. I guess it isn't surprising that he is such a good eater considering how chubby he is.

messy messy

full belly!
In December we were in a  car accident so we also got a new car this year.  Well, new to us anyway.  It's an SUV so that when we decide to have more kids we won't have to get another car again.  I don't have a picture of it but I can say that it has been so nice to have.  Getting the kids in a out is amazing! I haven't bumped my head once!
I think that is all of our "firsts" for the year. The BBC series Sherlock came back on TV, made me go insane and then left again. Bruce can attest to my shout of shock at the series finale.
Eli and Simon continue to be the best of friends, sometimes to Simon's disappointment. Most of the time however, they get along great and Eli can hardly spend a minute without him.

I love how they are looking at each other in this picture 


Playing dinosaurs
Eli showing Simon how they fight

Iron Man and Batman

The wand chooses the wizard 

My goofy 6 month old
Hello

No comments:

Post a Comment