Well Simon is now seven months old and I cannot believe that he is now closer to being one than a newborn. When did that happen? He is officially sitting up by himself and crawling around the house like a mad man. It has been a ton of fun but yesterday we had our first very sad situation. Poor little Simon fell off of the bed and now has a bruise right on his cheek. I'm still just swimming in guilt and letting my fingers get all pruney (Meg Ryan anyone?)
 |
| All by himself |
Eli goes back and forth between loving that Simon can crawl around to hating it. Obviously Simon can now get at Eli's toys and I feel like I'm constantly monitoring Eli and saying "share" with my eyebrows raised about every 5 minutes. Slowly but surely however, we are getting the hang of this whole little brother thing. In fact Eli asked me yesterday if we could go to the store to buy another baby. The answer was a definitive "No!"
Generally, I consider myself to be a very lucky mommy though because they are the best of friends. While it takes me ages to get Simon to laugh at me all that Eli has to do is look at him and suddenly Simon won't stop giggling. Eli can't wait for Simon to get up in the morning and always says "Hey sweet boy" whenever Simon wakes up from his naps. They are both too cute. Can you tell Eli and I are getting along better lately?
I have been taking quite a few pictures of them playing lately so here it goes!
 |
| What a weirdo |
I lined up the chairs the other day so that Eli could have a little train. We made tickets to places like Gotham City and Metropolis but every time Eli would go to Grandma's house.
 |
| All the passengers |
 |
| All aboard the train |
 |
| Eli's face when I take pictures of Simon instead of him |
 |
| No idea where this suave face comes from |
 |
| Holding hands |
 |
| "Help me, Simon!" |
 |
| Best buds |
 |
| Always having fun |
My friend, Denise, was nice enough to throw an awesome Valentine's Day party for some of the kids in the ward. They got to decorate some sugar cookies with strawberry icing and they were delicious! She had the same party last year but all the moms had way more fun this time because the kids actually behaved! Parties are for moms too! Granted they were all a year older and so much more cooperative.
 |
| Eli's creations |
 |
| Decorating |
No comments:
Post a Comment