This weekend we were fortunate enough to have two absolutely gorgeous days coincide with Bruce's days off. With the sun finally shining we certainly didn't let those days go to waste. I will give credit to Bruce for doing all the planning and research into where we should spend our days. He found a couple of great parks: Whytecliff and Lighthouse. It's amazing how much you can feel rejuvenated by the sunshine, I think I will be ready to face this very gloomy week just by looking back on these pictures and knowing that there is an end in sight! Eli had such a fantastic time as well, if he could be outside 24 hours a day he would be. As soon as we would pull onto our street at the end of our adventures he would immediately realize we were going home and start saying "no go home, go walk". All in all we had a fantastic weekend. This first batch of pictures is from Whytecliff Park but both parks were in West Vancouver.
 |
| Wild crocus flowers that grow everywhere! |
 |
| Whytecliff Park |
 |
| Some of the climbing was a bit treacherous |
 |
| Eli asked me to take his picture- what a ham |
 |
| In the water with Daddy |
 |
| Just throwing rocks |
The next day we went to Lighthouse Park with another family that we are really close to. They have a little boy, Liam, and they are best buds. We brought a picnic and stayed for the afternoon but I think I probably could have stayed all day.
 |
| Dan, Liam and Eli trying to skip rocks |
 |
| Bruce and Eli after climbing the huge rock formations |
 |
| The view from the top of the rock |
 |
| The boys generally just ran around while we ate |
 |
| The lighthouse |
These last couple of days certainly made me anxious for summertime even though I know it is still a long way off. The annual Cherry Blossom Festival is coming up soon though and hopefully we will be able to go and get some great pictures of all the amazing cherry trees that are beginning to bloom.
No comments:
Post a Comment