Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring, spring, spring!

Well April is finally here and it seems that the rain in Vancouver has started to taper off a little bit.  Granted it is raining right this very second but we had a good week long stretch of rain-free days and it appears that spring has arrived!  When we moved to Vancouver it was in the late summer and so this is our first experience of spring here.  I am certainly not used to it arriving so early but it's a lot like Alberta in that it arrives very suddenly.  One day you wake up and out of no where there are birds chirping and tulips blooming and people are friendly again.  We decided to go out and gather up some of the flowers that we found and take some pictures before they are no longer in bloom.  The crocus flowers have already wilted but daffodils have taken their place along with tons of others that I wish I knew the name of.  I think that it should be mandatory for people to put labels on the flowers in their gardens so that I know what they are.  There are just so many different varieties here that seem to grow without anyone planting them or taking care of them.  Eli has been enjoying the flowers just as much as we have.  Every time we pass someones garden he has to stop and smell them and he always points them out when we drive by.  Bruce and Eli even picked some daffodils for me (from the front lawn of the empty house next door) and they have made the house smell terrific.

My lovely daffodils 
No coats!

A little gnome tree

I have no idea what this flower is but I love it.

Magnolia

Our street full of cherry blossoms


No comments:

Post a Comment