Thursday, January 3, 2013

Big Boy Bed

Goodbye crib
Thanks to the generosity of Eli's Grandparents we were able to get him a big boy bed the other day and we put it together as soon as we finished dinner tonight.  It was a little bit sad for me to be putting away the crib but I know that a new little baby will be sleeping in it soon.  I just can't believe that my little boy is sleeping in a big bed tonight.  After we put it together I thought that he would look small in it like babies do when you first put them in a crib but sadly he didn't.  He looked just right sitting on it and playing and it made me happy and sad.  He is growing up so fast and I'm sure that too soon we'll need to be getting him a queen bed for his gangly teenage arms and legs but for now I am going to enjoy this new little change.  So far I can still hear him in his room playing but I know it'll take some adjustment for him to fall asleep quickly like he used to.  At least now he can get back into the bed instead of curling up and falling asleep on his toy chest.  So thank you to my Mom and Dad for allowing us to use a baby gift as more of an Eli gift.

All ready for sweet dreams

 Once I had the camera out Eli insisted that I take some pictures of him by constantly jumping in front of the camera yelling "cheese!" Here are some of the poses he decided to do.




Goof.
                                                                  

1 comment:

  1. He's getting so grown up!
    I can't stop looking at these pictures. He is so dang cute!
    Good luck with getting him settled in the new bed!!

    ReplyDelete