Oh dear. Life in the Chenuz household has been very busy the last couple of months. I cannot believe that we are already starting a new year! Christmas came and went much too quickly and with all that was going on I'm glad that we were all still able to enjoy it. I don't really even know where to begin. I also don't want to make this the longest and most boring post in history so I will try to do a condensed version of the last couple months with lots of pictures. Begin!
First, we have moved and settled into our new basement suite in Dunbar. We moved at the end of November and we were a little bit worried that we wouldn't be able to get everything settled and get the Christmas decorations out on time. However, we were totally successful and have settled in here rather quickly. The neighbourhood is fantastic and so quiet and Eli and I can walk to do our grocery shopping and visit our good friends the Gasser's who live just a block away. Surprisingly enough I don't have any pictures but now that the Christmas decorations are down again I'll have to get Bruce to take some for me.
Christmas happened! I have tons of pictures of that so I'll dive right in!
 |
| Exploring Vancouver's Christmas Scene |
 |
| Eli loved this Merry-Go-Round |
 |
| The Gasser's at the Christmas Market |
This year we decided to get a real tree and Eli was his Daddy's big helper when he put it up in the house.
 |
| Putting water in the stand |
 |
| So proud! |
 |
| Christmas lights! |
 |
| Yes, that's a light in his mouth |
Bruce's family came to see us for Christmas and we had a great time! Eli was so spoiled with attention he couldn't have been happier. We had so much junk food in the house it was fantastic! Although, Eli still asks me for chocolate everyday we are starting to get back to eating right. The other day he asked me for a banana so I think that we are on our way.
 |
| Christmas Eve watching Frosty the Snowman |
 |
| Christmas Eve spread |
Christmas morning we opened our stockings first and then had some delicious homemade Egg McMuffins and Orange Julius. I was so excited because this is the first year that I get to use my Santa mugs and Eli loved them but I gave him a plastic cup because I want them to last as long as my Grandma's did.
 |
| Christmas morning! |
I don't have too many pictures of Christmas present opening but I have some video for my family that I might include in another post. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!
Oh and one more big piece of news... Bruce and I are expecting our second little baby in July! We are so excited and so far things are going well. I'll be sure to keep updating everyone. I think that 2013 should be a pretty good and busy year!
We just love catching up with your blog. The pictures help us feel a part, but we still miss your little family greatly! Eli is growing up way too fast. Love you all!
ReplyDeleteSo happy to see these Christmas pictures. We sure missed you guys but it's good to see that you had a good holiday!!
ReplyDelete