This past week it has been so beautiful here so Eli and I have been sure to get out every day so that we don't miss a minute of this sunshine. I know that all too soon the rain is going to come back and then we will be stuck indoors again. It is amazing what sunshine can do to your attitude. I don't mind the rain too much, especially at night because it is nice to listen to it before bed but it does become a bit of a drag when it feels like the sky will be grey forever. Not that I'm complaining! I know that Edmonton has been hit particularly hard this winter with the amount of snow they had. Hopefully everyone there is driving safely and has winter tires on their vehicles.
Today was another rain-free day and Bruce had the day off so we made our way outside as soon as we were all ready. We went down to the beach first and Eli had a great time walking along the pier and was pretty amazed that the water was beneath us. Whenever he is surprised he always says "oh no!" and as soon as we walked onto the pier he shouted "oh no water!" about fifteen times.
 |
| The floating pier. |
 |
| Only one cloud! |
 |
| Our little captain. |
We also went walking down West Broadway to a few of the shops there just to explore. We came across this cupcake place, aptly named "Cupcakes" and we had to go in because Eli needed a treat... I did as well. My cupcake was ridiculously good and I assume Eli's was as well because he downed it pretty quickly.
 |
| Yes, that is popcorn on my cupcake. |
 |
| Self Explanatory |
Here are just a couple of other pictures of our outings. Eli and I hang around the complex a lot because there are so many parks but one night when Bruce got home from work we drove to Wreck Beach. There were about one million stairs that you had to walk down before you could get to it but it was a pretty nice beach. In the summer it is the only clothing-optional beach in Vancouver but gratefully it was too cold for anyone to be running around naked.
Thanks for sharing this with us, loved the series of excited Eli's.
ReplyDelete