Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kits and Roses

A couple of days ago I had my 24th birthday!  I wish that I could have been closer to my family to celebrate but it was great to be able to talk to them over FaceTime and my dad wrote a really lovely post on his blog too.  I am so blessed to have such a close relationship with my family and to have such wonderful people in my life.  On Saturday Bruce took me to an area of Vancouver called Kitsilano where there are a ton of really cute shops and bakeries.  It is fantastic to live in an area where there aren't really any big box stores.  I thought that it would drive me crazy not being able to do all my shopping in a big mall but I absolutely love it.  There is a book store that I haven't been able to go to quite yet called "White Dwarf Books".  It is totally devoted to sic-fi and fantasy... I can only hope that the cashier is dressed in wizards robes but I will be sure to let you know as soon as I go.  While we were walking around we came across this...
Bill Nye the Science Guy

After I stopped laughing we noticed that they were all down the street with different "Bills" in front of the "no". There was Shakespeare and Bill Cosby and Will Smith and it was awesome.  For my birthday I got a lovely shirt with lace down the front and Eli slept for three hours during his nap time which is an all-time record for him.  I also got to pick the movie that we watched that night and so I finally got to see Underworld: Awakening.  Everyone keep your fingers crossed that there will be an Underworld five because I flippin' love those movies.  There's nothing quite like a good action movie with lots of over the top fight scenes.  I think my favourite part was when she shoved some guys elbow out of the skin and then stabbed him in the neck. Awesome. All in all it was a great birthday.  Earlier in the week Bruce also showed me the rose garden that is on UBC campus and even though they weren't fully in bloom anymore they were still beautiful.
Eli smelling the roses.
He is getting very good at smiling.


2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good birthday. We wish we could have been there with you to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good birthday! It was so good to talk to you. Also, Eli's smiles are so cute!

    ReplyDelete