Here it goes!
I have decided to start a blog. It's not so much for myself (although I do think it should be fun) but so that I can keep my friends and family up to speed with how my little family is doing in Vancouver. We just made the big move and I know that I will miss being just a couple of hours away from them. Thank goodness for technology and FaceTime! We have moved far away from family before when we moved to Winnipeg and that just sucked so I decided when we planned to move to Vancouver that I would jump in with both feet and try to be as outgoing as possible. So far so good.
I wanted this first post to just be about the new house and how we are settling in. We've been here for about a week and already we have done so much. If I were to write about it the post would be way too long and even I wouldn't bother to read it. Consequently, there will be more posts and pictures about our first week here to follow. I will say that so far we are really enjoying it. The people in our complex are so nice and friendly because they all have kids. After being here for just a couple of days our neighbour already came over and introduced herself and I am going over there tomorrow night to meet some other ladies in the neighbourhood that she knows. That's quite a difference from Airdrie where we lived in the same place for over a year before we knew our neighbours.
When we first arrived here we didn't know what to expect at all as far as the condition of the house because we had never even seen pictures of it. I know when I first walked in I was a little skeptical as it is much older than our townhouse in Airdrie but Bruce was extremely optimistic and I have to say that he did change my mind about it. Once we put our own furniture and pictures inside it started to feel much more like home. The one thing that bothers me is the bugs! I feel like most of my day is spent squishing spiders before Eli picks them up and yells, "BEE!" (For some reason all bugs are bees in his mind). After seeing this huge slug I knew that Cory would never be able to live here.
|
| It was basically as big as my face! |
 |
| GAH! |
Anyhow, I'll get on with it. The house is now completely set up after going through tons of boxes and here are some pictures of the result! I wish that we could paint and stuff but all things considered we are a very blessed family and I thank my Heavenly Father for providing for us.
 |
| Living Room |
 |
| Office in the Living Room |
 |
| Itsy Bitsy Kitchen |
 |
| Eli's Room |
Well that about does it for me. Murdoch Mysteries is on and if you are not watching it tonight shame on you.
Love the blog already - Dad
ReplyDeleteThe house is so cute! I'm so glad you started a blog.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to see that you are all settled and that you have made your new home your own. I can't wait to follow you on this blog, it will make missing you and your boys a little less painful
ReplyDelete