Saturday, August 18, 2012

Granville Island


Welcome!

Yesterday was another rain-free day and because
I had to include this for my Dad.
Bruce started school today, we knew that we had to get out and explore the city while we could.  We decided to visit Granville Island, a nice area of the city with tons of boats and yachts, shops and markets.  The first thing that we did was explore some of the shops in the area.  One of my favourites was this little umbrella shop called, you guessed it, The Umbrella Shop, that has been there since the 1930's.  At the back of the store they had all these old style umbrellas and parasols that made me feel like I was walking onto the set of Hello Dolly.  I was particularly fond of a beautiful white lace parasol but we soon left the store when we looked at the price.  There was tons more to explore though and around the corner there was even an entire two story building devoted completely to kids stores.
Kids Market

There was a play area and about 10 different toy stores, although I have to say that one is pretty much like the other and it was even hard for me to tell when I walked into a different one.

There was one store though that far outstripped the rest of them and I'll see if you can guess why...

We're best buds.
Best store ever! They had pretty hardcore Harry Potter costumes that were close to what they wore in the movies and they even had Quidditch robes!

Feed the birds tuppence a bag
After touring the stores we went to the crazy busy market and picked up some delicious pizza.  When we went outside to find a table to eat at there was a sign warning you to protect your food from the birds.  They were insane!  One guy got attacked by three of them trying to get his lunch, they were very bold indeed.  We didn't get bothered by any of them but Eli had a great time chasing them around everywhere because they would let you get so close.  Eli and Bruce also enjoyed watching the boats go by and we had a great day together as a family.
Father & Son

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I hope Bruce had a good first day at school.

    ReplyDelete