So yesterday the power in our house went off at around 4 o'clock in the afternoon and didn't end up coming back on until around one in the morning! How did I know that the power came on at that time you ask? Shouldn't I have been deep asleep? Yes, I probably should have been however, the moment that the power came on our landlord's house alarm starting blaring. I know it must have only taken them a moment or two to get the alarm turned off but for me it felt more like half an hour. Naturally, this woke up everyone in our household and the remainder of the night was pretty restless. That's enough of complaining about the power being out, there were some fun parts too!
I couldn't really make dinner so we all got to go to Fatburger! I haven't had Fatburger since we moved to BC and it was so yummy. Even Simon got a grilled cheese sandwich and Eli and I both got chocolate shakes. Delicious! When we got home from dinner and the power still was not on Bruce and I found the candles and some little LED lights that he had used for a project once. Basically the house had that awesome and mysterious feeling that only candles can provide. It was a very exciting little adventure for the kids. I even got to read Jane Eyre by candlelight after the kids went to bed. How gothic!
Living in a basement suite means that even when the sun is shining you need almost every light in the house on to feel like a normal human being. So before we went to dinner and I was trying to occupy the kids for a little while we decided to make the most of the semi-darkness and our new couch. Thus, construction on the Batcave commenced! The boys had so much fun crawling around inside and eating a little snack in the different "rooms". When eventually I needed to get the cushions back in order they were both in tears. They cheered up though when I started tossing them back onto the couch. All in all the power outage wasn't so bad and Eli is still talking about it this morning.
 |
| The finished Batcave |
 |
| Batface! |
 |
| I'm sure I've given Eli the same look, Simon. |
 |
| You're so funny |
 |
| Batman and Robin |
No comments:
Post a Comment